During the Board of Education meeting, held on August 9, 2021, Dr. Hanson, Superintendent, shared the updated North Platte Public Schools Return To School Plan for the 2021-2022 school year. During the meeting, Dr. Hanson stated, “The North Platte Public School Return to School Plan is a flexible, adaptable, responsive plan designed to keep our students and staff safe and our schools open for the 2021-22 school year.”
The plan was updated based on; the current Center of Disease Control (CDC), Nebraska Department of Education (NDE), West Central District Health Department (WCDHD), and local health professional’s guidance, as well as the results of the NPPS Return to School Survey.
The updated plan is in effect beginning Tuesday, August 10, 2021, until further notice. To review the updated Return to School Plan visit, https://www.nppsd.org/page/covid-19-resources.
Update Highlights include:
1. Self-screening is recommended
2. NPPS COVID Vaccination Self Reporting Registry for Staff - https://forms.gle/MzEDFknwjEorjXu4A
3. Face-coverings are required for volunteers, visitors, families, and all NPPS staff visiting buildings other than their primary area of employment.
4. Quarantine and monitoring information for positive cases or those exposed to a positive case.
5. Reminder: The NPPS Return to School Plan is a flexible, adaptable, responsive plan designed to keep our students and staff safe and our schools open - we will adjust as needed!
If you or someone you know needs to receive the COVID – 19 vaccine West Central District Health Department will host a COVID vaccination clinic open to anyone 12 years or older as follows,
Dates: August 12, 2021, First Dose, and September 2, 2021, Second Dose
Time: 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Adams Middle School, Room 702
Who: NPPS students, staff, and families ages 12 and older
School-aged families, please download and complete the Parental Consent Form at https://5il.co/wtmj.
Anyone wishing to be vaccinated on these dates, register Online at https://vaccinate.ne.gov/en-US/.
We thank you for your work in keeping our schools open to in-person learning while being mindful of the safety and security of the students, staff, and families we serve.
Dr. Ron Hanson
North Platte Public Schools, Superintendent