Drive Through Breakfast & Lunch Pickup
North Platte Public School District Food & Nutrition Services Programs
UPDATE REGARDING MEAL PICK-UP
BEGINNING THE WEEK OF APRIL 6, 2020
Drive Through Breakfast & Lunch Pickup
NPPSD is providing pre-packed breakfast and lunch to children 18 years old and younger.
Monday - Thursday
9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
There will be no meal program pick-up on Monday, May 25th in recognition of Memorial Day
Drive Through Location North Platte High School
1220 West 2nd Street, North Platte, NE 69101
1. Breakfast and lunch will be provided in pre-packaged bags for all community children ages 18
and younger Monday through Thursday until further notice.
2. Thursday pick-up, you have the option to receive breakfast and lunch meals for
Thursday and also meals for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. All meals are at no charge.
3. Pick-up times are from 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
4. Children must be in the vehicle to receive their bags of food.
5. Enter from Jackson Avenue which is on the west side of Madison, through the alley, proceed
to the loading dock, stop and pick-up bags, exit to 14th street.
6. Please do not park and get out of your vehicle.
7. Please do not congregate or consume meals on-site.
LA DISTRIBUCIÓN DE COMIDAS SE MUEVE A LA PLACA DEL NORTE
ESCUELA SECUNDARIA QUE COMIENZA EL LUNES 4 DE MAYO.
Distrito de escuelas públicas de North Platte
Programas de servicios de alimentación y nutrición
Conduzca a través del desayuno y el almuerzo.
NPPSD va a trasladar la distribución de comidas de la Escuela Intermedia Madison a
North Platte High School efectiva el lunes 4 de mayo.
Continuaremos brindando un desayuno y almuerzo preenvasados gratis para
niños de 18 años y menores.
4 de mayo hasta nuevo aviso
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Conducir a través de la ubicación
North Platte High School
1220 West 2 nd Street
1. El desayuno y el almuerzo se proporcionarán en bolsas preempaquetadas para todos los niños de la comunidad de 18 años.
y menores, de lunes a jueves hasta nuevo aviso.
2. Los horarios de recogida son de 9:30 a.m. a 12:00 p.m.
3. Ingrese desde Jefferson Avenue, que está en el lado oeste de la escuela secundaria, continúe por
estacionamiento en frente de la escuela a la entrada entre el estadio de fútbol y el alto
edificio escolar, parada y recogida de maletas, salida a la calle A.
4. No se congregue ni consuma comidas en el lugar.
5. El jueves, la opción de recibir comidas de desayuno y almuerzo para viernes, sábado y domingo
también está disponible al recoger las comidas del jueves.
UPDATED - Drive Through Backpack Pickup Friday, May 29th
NPPSD is providing free pre-packed food packs to NPPSD children 18 years old and younger.
Every-Other Friday beginning, until further notice
Drive Through Location McKinley Education Center
301 West F Street, North Platte, NE 69101
The distribution will be from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This is a small "Thank You" to honor the Class of 2020. We look forward to formally recognizing these students in July. We thank the Class of 2020 for their unwavering strength and kindness, especially in the face of adversity never before seen in our lives. We knew these seniors were an amazing group of students long before the events related to COVID-19. However, a crisis magnifies leadership, and these students have shown us the future is incredibly bright.
Class Song: Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds
Class Flower: Orchid
Class Motto: "Look ma! I made it!"
North Platte Public Schools Awards Staff Member of the Month for May
The North Platte Public Schools Foundation in conjunction with North Platte Public Schools is excited to announce that we are honoring Stevie Reed as the NPPS Bulldog Staff member of the month for May. Mrs. Reed is a second Grade Teacher at Cody Elementary. Reed, a graduate of St. Patrick’s High School, received her bachelors in education at Chadron and dual Masters Degrees from Doane. She has taught at both Jefferson and Cody as well as coached high school softball and middle school track. At Cody, she is a co leader of the CIP team and on the Teaching and Learning advisory team.
Her Principal Dr. Tami Eshleman said. “Stevie has a fun, engaging and caring classroom. She has stepped into many roles here at Cody and we are glad she became part of our team.”
The May business sponsor was Tim Malkar~American Family Insurance Agency. Monthly Sponsors give honorees a gift basket. The Foundation provides balloons and a gift card to the Bulldog Store at NPHS, and Prairie Friends and Flowers delivers a bouquet.
The North Platte Public Schools Foundation facilitates the program and takes nominations from principals and administration. Staff members are awarded monthly throughout the school year and will be recognized at Education after Hours. The Foundation is seeking sponsors for the 2020-2021 Staff Persons of the month for NPPS. Interested business sponsors can contact the North Platte Public Schools Foundation at 696-3325.
Listen in as Dr. Hanson, Mrs. Lundgreen, & Mrs. Smith discuss the NPPS Board of Education, teacher resources and training, continued learning resources and being a parent in a pandemic.
NPPS – Opens Buildings with Restricted Guidelines
North Platte, Neb. – NPPS Executive Staff, Directors, Principals, and Secretaries return to their buildings on Monday, May 11, 2020, with restrictions for all who visit any NPPS building. ‘Our team is excited to get back to our buildings and complete this school year and start planning for fall 2020,’ said Dr. Ron Hanson, NPPS Superintendent. ‘With this return, it is vital that we continue to follow the Directed Health Measure for West Central Health District, State and Federal Health Officials, NSAA, and the Nebraska State Commissioner of Education. Our district remains committed to our role in mitigating the spread of COVID-19,’ Hanson added.
The following guidelines will be enforced for any person entering any NPPS building or facility.
I want to send a message to principals and secretaries as we plan to return to work on Monday, May 11, the following:
1. Each building will remain locked throughout the day. For those entering the building, please request access from the building administrator.
2. Any person requesting entrance must be cleared by responding to the following questions:
a. Do you have a cough
b. Do you have a fever
c. Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
3. Upon entry to the building, each person (employee, student, or guest) Must Wear A Face Mask.
3. All persons are expected to maintain social and physical distancing of at least a six-foot distance.
4. At no time should any person shake hands, fist pump, hug, or touch
5. All persons are asked to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and or use hand sanitizer.
6. There are to be no gatherings of 10 or more at any time. Additionally, there are to be no gatherings that violate the rules or guidelines set forth by the DHM, Federal or State health recommendation, or any NSAA, NDE, or NPPS requirement.
We ask that visits to the buildings be kept to a minimum. If you are visiting for a required meeting, Board of Education meeting, return or pick-up of school equipment or technology that you be prepared to answer the above questions, provide your own face mask, and follow the guidelines listed above as well as any updated DHM and/or government-issued orders.
Hello Friends and Families,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the students, staff, and parents & guardians for all your hard work and support in making North Platte Public Schools great!
Please check out the April Superintendent Briefing for more information regarding the great things occurring in the district.
The link below is to the Superintendent Briefing for March 2020.
Hola amigos y familias
¡Me gustaría aprovechar esta oportunidad para agradecer a los estudiantes, el personal, y los padres y tutores por todo su arduo trabajo y apoyo para hacer que las Escuelas Públicas de North Platte sean excelentes!
Por favor revisa el abril Informe del superintendente para más información sobre las grandes cosas que ocurren en el distrito.
El siguiente enlace es para el Informe del superintendente para marzo de 2020.