CLASS Center for Learning & Student Success
Center for Learning & Student Success, previously known as TLC, was founded during the 1990-91 school year. The purpose is to assist and ensure an educational achievement for non-traditional students. The program provides a structured, individualized curriculum for students that can develop students become lifelong learners.
What is the Center for Learning and Student Success)
- Alternative Education/work experience program for students in grade 10-12
- Highly structured with academic and attendance goals
- Meets district HS graduation requirements
- Offers a North Platte High School diploma
- Staff monitor and check student progress with reports provided to administration
Why does NPHS provide CLASS?
- Offers an alternative setting for non-traditional students
- Allow students to recover lost academic credit
- Provides an online educational system
- Teaches goal completion and responsibility
- Smaller class ratio to minimize educational barriers
- Introduces student to community experiences
- Encourages work experience
How are students identified and enrolled?
- New students enrolled throughout the year at North Platte High School
- Students are identified by administrators and counselors
- Demonstrate skills to work in an independent environment
- Demonstrate an academic reason for changing educational setting
- Must be employed or actively seeking employment with the understanding that this a conditioning for being in the program
- A sophomore with at least 100 credits
- Students complete the application online
- Students enroll on the following day or term, depending on the situation
All admissions to CLASS may change in criteria under administrative discretion.
CLASS is located at 109 N. Jeffers.
For the information and guidelines on enrollment in the CLASS program, please contact Micah Fisher, HS Associate Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Brandy Buscher, Director of Student Services (email@example.com) Micah Fisher Brandy Buscher HS Associate Principal Director of Student Services