Guidelines for Visiting NPPS Facilities
NPPS – Opens Buildings with Restricted Guidelines
North Platte, Neb. – NPPS Executive Staff, Directors, Principals, and Secretaries return to their buildings on Monday, May 11, 2020, with restrictions for all who visit any NPPS building. ‘Our team is excited to get back to our buildings and complete this school year and start planning for fall 2020,’ said Dr. Ron Hanson, NPPS Superintendent. ‘With this return, it is vital that we continue to follow the Directed Health Measure for West Central Health District, State and Federal Health Officials, NSAA, and the Nebraska State Commissioner of Education. Our district remains committed to our role in mitigating the spread of COVID-19,’ Hanson added.
The following guidelines will be enforced for any person entering any NPPS building or facility.
I want to send a message to principals and secretaries as we plan to return to work on Monday, May 11, the following:
1. Each building will remain locked throughout the day. For those entering the building, please request access from the building administrator.
2. Any person requesting entrance must be cleared by responding to the following questions:
a. Do you have a cough
b. Do you have a fever
c. Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
3. Upon entry to the building, each person (employee, student, or guest) Must Wear A Face Mask.
3. All persons are expected to maintain social and physical distancing of at least a six-foot distance.
4. At no time should any person shake hands, fist pump, hug, or touch
5. All persons are asked to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and or use hand sanitizer.
6. There are to be no gatherings of 10 or more at any time. Additionally, there are to be no gatherings that violate the rules or guidelines set forth by the DHM, Federal or State health recommendation, or any NSAA, NDE, or NPPS requirement.
We ask that visits to the buildings be kept to a minimum. If you are visiting for a required meeting, Board of Education meeting, return or pick-up of school equipment or technology that you be prepared to answer the above questions, provide your own face mask, and follow the guidelines listed above as well as any updated DHM and/or government-issued orders.