NPHS Commencement for the Class of 2020
- May 17, 2020: A video tribute to the Class of 2020 will be shared with students, families, and staff. This is to honor Seniors on what was their original Commencement Ceremony date.
- July 25th, 2020: Commencement will take place on this date as long as we are able to follow safety guidelines established at the local, state, and federal levels.
- The location of Commencement is scheduled for the NPHS Athletic Complex.
- If guidelines allow, graduation practice will be held in the days prior to Commencement. Students that plan to participate in Commencement should attend this practice. The specific date and time of practice will be emailed to students and families in early July. This information will also be provided through automated phone calls to families.
- If local, state, and/or federal guidelines (i.e. Centers for Disease Control) do not allow for a single Commencement Ceremony (due to limits on social gatherings), NPHS will look to offer multiple, smaller ceremonies on July 25, 2020.
- If guidelines restrict social gatherings to even lower numbers, NPHS will look to conduct even more ceremonies over the course of July 24, 25, and 26.
- Any limitations on social gatherings may result in Commencement Ceremonies being moved to the NPHS Main Gym.
- If guidelines place restrictions on Commencement Ceremonies, this will be communicated to students and families via email. This information will also be provided through automated phone calls to families.
- Students that do not wish to participate in commencement, or are unable to participate, may still receive their diplomas, caps, gowns, and other graduation materials at an alternative time.
- Students that have completed all graduation requirements will have their transcripts finalized once all coursework is complete. Transcripts can then be forwarded to the student's college, employer, etc. Transcripts will show that the student has graduated from NPHS.