Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

North Platte Public Schools


Ajax Loading Image


We're moving into the district and my child has an IEP.

What should I do to get services for my child who has an IEP now that we have moved into the district?

Please make staff at your child's school aware of his IEP when you enroll your student in school. At this time, the school will have you sign a release so that we may request a current copy of their MDT (Multidisciplinary Team Report.) and IEP (Individual Education Program.) Upon receipt of the records, the team may adopt the current IEP from their previous school or place them on a 45 day temporary placement based on their previous IEP. This allows NPPSD staff to work with your child, determine if they meet Nebraska Department of Education verification criteria, and make the best placement for your child.