Welcome Back, Washington Families!
Since school let out, staff have been working hard to prepare for the 2019-2020 school year. They have attended hours of trainings, created learning plans, cleaned the building top to bottom, unpacked boxes and boxes of new books, set up new computers, and much, much more to make this school year amazing. I hope you all have enjoyed your time away from school and were able to recharge for this brand new year of fun and learning. It was great to see a few of you out and about this summer at the pool and the ball diamonds. I cannot wait for school to begin and to hear about all your summer activities.
We will have an Open House on Thursday, August 15th from 5:30pm to 6:30pm. This is an opportunity for you and your child to meet his/her classroom teacher. Your students are welcome to bring any or all of their school supplies to the open house to eliminate some of the extra bulk in their backpacks on the first day. I know students are excited to find out who their teachers will be this year, but they will have to wait a little longer than usual. For the safety of our students, North Platte elementary schools will no longer publicly post class lists the weeks prior to school. Although this change may be initially disappointing to students, I ask that you help your child understand that it is for his/her safety and protection. This change will bring extra excitement to Open House as students’ teachers are revealed to them!
There will be several new staff members at Washington this school year:
- Harmoni Wagner- Principal
- Ashley Bailey- Kindergarten
- Joni Morash - Kindergarten
- Carla Highberger - paraprofessional
- We are in the process of hiring several other paraprofessionals as well
A Few Extra Things
- The first day of school is August 19th.
- School begins at 8:05am and ends at 3:20pm.
- Washington is fortunate to have free breakfast, lunch, and a snack for all students this year.
- Supply lists are on the district website www.nppsd.org
I am excited to get to know you and your child and happy a Washington Wildcat again!