CLASS Center for Learning & Student Success
Center for Learning & Student Success, previously known as TLC, was founded during the 1990-91 school year. The purpose is to assist and ensure an educational achievement for non-traditional students. The program provides a structured, individualized curriculum for students that can develop students become lifelong learners.
What is the Center for Learning and Student Success)
- Alternative Education/work experience program for students in grade 10-12
- Highly structured with academic and attendance goals
- Meets district HS graduation requirements
- Offers a North Platte High School diploma
- Staff monitor and check student progress with reports provided to administration
Why does NPHS provide CLASS?
- Offers an alternative setting for non-traditional students
- Allow students to recover lost academic credit
- Provides an online educational system
- Teaches goal completion and responsibility
- Smaller class ratio to minimize educational barriers
- Introduces student to community experiences
- Encourages work experience
How are students identified and enrolled?
- New students enrolled throughout the year at North Platte High School
- Students are identified by administrators and counselors
- Demonstrate skills to work in an independent environment
- Demonstrate an academic reason for changing educational setting
- Must be employed or actively seeking employment with the understanding that this a conditioning for being in the program
- A sophomore with at least 100 credits
- Students complete the application online
- Students enroll on the following day or term, depending on the situation
All admissions to CLASS may change in criteria under administrative discretion.
CLASS is located at 2300 E 2nd Street.
For the information and guidelines on enrollment in the CLASS program, please contact Micah Fisher, HS Associate Principal (email@example.com) or Brandy Buscher, Director of Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) Micah Fisher Brandy Buscher HS Associate Principal Director of Student Services