North Platte High School Announcements
By Schumacher, Teresa
July 22, 2014
North Platte High School Announcement
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
School information is tentatively scheduled to be mailed out by Friday, August 1st. Class schedules, bell schedules and instructions for changing class schedules will be included.
Wednesday, August 13th will be the first day for all 9th grade students. All students, grades 9 - 12, will report to school on Thursday, August 14th. We are looking forward to a wonderful school year with all of you!
Important Dates to Remember for Seniors
(A complete list is also available in the Post Planning Guide given to all seniors in Oct.)
* August 8, 2014 is the registration deadline for the September 13th ACT Test.
* ACT Test is September 13, 2014.
* September 19, 2014 is the registration deadline for the October 25th ACT Test.
* Make an appt. with your counselor to review credits, career goals, and college plans.
* Finalize the list of colleges to which you want to apply (usually no more than 5).
* Go on-line for the latest college catalogs and admission applications.
* Study the catalogs for courses and majors offered and sources of financial aid.
* Register for the ACT, SAT and/or Achievement tests and prepare for them.
* Service Academy and/or ROTC applications must be started.
* Begin searching for national scholarships.
Ask teachers/employers for a letter of recommendation now for scholarships!!
* Pick up local scholarship applications Oct. 1, 2014 in the Guidance Office.
* ACT Prep course at Mid-Plains Community College (date to be announced)
* Sign up in the Guidance Office if you are interested in meeting with college/military.
* Make college campus visits.
* Check current scholarship lists in the Guidance Office and in the newsletter.
* Attend the Educational Planning Program (College Fair) October 15, 2014.
* ACT test is October 25, 2014.
* (Unknown at this time) is the registration deadline for the November 8th SAT Test.
* Fill out college admission applications.
* November 7, 2014 is the registration deadline for the December 13th ACT Test.
* SAT test is November 8, 2014.
* Order graduation announcements, diploma, cap and gown (Dates to be announced)
* Check the spelling of your name for your diploma in the Guidance Office.
* ACT Prep course at Mid-Plains Community College (date to be announced later)
* Make sure to have done everything necessary for admission and financial aid.
* Continue checking for scholarships and other forms of financial assistance.
* Attend College Financial Aid Night on December 11, 2014.
* ACT test is December 13, 2014. (Final chance to test for some scholarship eligibility)
* Local scholarship applications are due December 17, 2014.
* Check with your counselor to see that your transcripts have been sent to colleges.
* SAT test is January 24, 2015.
* Parents need to complete taxes and complete the Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) form.
* January 9, 2015 is the registration deadline for the February 7th ACT Test.
* ACT test is February 7, 2015. (Not given at NPHS)
* Apply for Mid-Nebraska Community Foundation Scholarships. (Feb. 1st - Feb. 27th)
* Be alert for housing deposit deadlines and pre-registration for fall classes.
* Pick up graduation announcements. (Dates to be announced)
* March 13, 2015 is the registration deadline for the April 18th ACT Test.
* Most colleges will have notified you of their decision on admission and financial aid.
* Keep your counselor informed as you receive your financial aid package.
* Keep track of acceptances, rejections, and awards of financial aid.
* Reply promptly to colleges asking you to notify them of your decision.
* ACT test is April 18, 2015.
* Notify the Guidance Secretary of any scholarships you receive by April 15, 2015.
* Senior Awards Night on Monday, April 27, 2015 @6:00pm.
* Senior check out. (Date to be announced)
* Graduation practice is tentatively scheduled for May 7, 2015 at 9:00am in the PAC.
* Commencement is May 10, 2015 at 2:00p.m. Memorial Stadium Bauer Field.
* Request the Guidance Office to send your final transcript to the college you will attend.
RECORDS TO KEEP:
* Cancelled checks or money order receipts
* Admission Tickets to tests and correction forms
* All test score reports
* Transcript of grades
* Copies of all correspondence sent to, or received from, colleges
Titan Machinery Scholarship Program - No Deadline
Must complete application to CCC and be accepted
Must complete Titan scholarship
Must visit the CCC diesel program
Must provide Titan Machinery and CCC with an
ACT , COMPASS or ASSET score
Joseph’s Achievement Scholarship - No Deadline
Awarded during the student’s second half of their
career training at Joseph’s
Apply at www.josephscollege.com
Joseph’s Outstanding Merit Schol. For Cosmetology - No Deadline
Must have GPA of 3.5 or higher at end of final semester
Any student who is a member of NHS is also eligible
Scholarships given on first-come-first-serve basis
Apply at www.josephscollege.com
UNL – Discover the Fun Summer Experience – The University of Nebraska – Lincoln Extension in cooperation with your local 4-H Program offers a fifteen day bus trip to Washington D.C. every three years. Enrollments for this program are currently being taken. Interested youth between the ages of 15 and 19 are invited to participate in the 2015 CWF Trip. The trip cost is $2200 with an additional $400 - $500 for spending money to cover some meals that are not included in the trip cost and souvenirs. A $200 is required to guarantee a seat on the 2015 bus. Potential youth participants can contact Brenda Aufdenkamp at email@example.com.
Great Plains Regional Medical Center Job Shadowing Program – This program is open to students interested in nursing, radiology, dietary, laboratory, physical therapy, respiratory therapy or anesthesiology. Applications are available in the Guidance Office.